1. Why would an informative speech on a difficult, highly technical subject usually be inappropriate for an after-dinner audience? Because people who have eaten a big meal just wants to sit back, relax, and enjoy a talk. They don’t want to work hard mentally; they don’t want to be given anything negative and gloomy.
2. In what situation is self-deprecating humor inadvisable? When you are trying to stablish your expertise or authority.
3. List four guidelines for the speech of acceptance.
Thank those who played a part in your achieving the honor. Thank the organization giving you the award and recognize the work it is doing. Don’t exaggerate your gratitude. Be brief.
4. What is the function of the speech of tribute?
Is to praise or celebrate a person, a group, a institution, or an event. It conveys gratitude, respect, or admiration.
5. What are the risks that a speaker takes while telling a joke? The audience had heard the joke before, or maybe it was too early in the morning or too late in the evening.
6. If you are asked to introduced a speaker, why should you coordinate your remarks beforehand with those of the speaker? To obtain his own introduction ahead of time if that’s the case to tailor his most appropriate remarks or accomplishments for the occasion.
7. When introducing a speaker, some introducers use the speaker’s first name, others others use the last name. what advice does the text give on this issue? Findout before hand how she wants to be called.
8. In wich kind of special occasion speech does the speaker often withhold the honoree’s name until the last sentence? Speech of presentation.
9. What sould be the focus of a eulogy?
The significance of persons life and deeds, rather than on a mere recital of biographical facts. In other words, how did this man or woman enriched our lives? What inspirational or lessons can we draw from this person’s life?
10. What is the main difference...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document