* Adolf(“Adi”) Dassler(“Das”) started to produce his own sports shoes in his mother's wash kitchen after his return from World War I. * In 1924, his brother Rudolf (Rudi) Dassler joined the business. * In 1948 they split with Rudi forming Puma, and Adi forming adidas. * The company formally registered as adidas AG (with lower case lettering) on 18 August 1949. Indian Operation:
* Agreement with Bata in 1989
* Estibleshment of Adidas India Marketing Pvt. Ltd. In 1996. * In 1998 Adidas Pulled a masterstrock as Sachin Tendulkar as Brand Ambassador. * In 2004 Adidas launched its cheapest ever shoes in India. * Which increased sales by 30%
Products For: Running, Tennis, Golf, Cricket, Basketbal, Rugby, Gymnastics, Baseball, Hockey, Accessories, Football Retail Store Development:
At December 31, 2011, the adidas Group Retail segment operated 2,401 stores. This represents a net increase of 131 or 6% versus the prior year-end level of 2,270. Of the total number of stores, 1,804 were adidas and 597 Reebok branded (December 31, 2010: 1,712 adidas stores, 558 Reebok stores). During 2011, the Group opened 323 new stores, 192 stores were closed and 151 stores were remodelled.
Indian Market: Sportswear retail market in India is approx 2500 cr. of which 45% is the sports apparel market and 55% is the sports footwear market.The anticipated growth rate is 13%. Footwear Retail Industry is worth .178 lakh Cr. in India of which share of organised retail is 66.2%. The estimated growth rate is from 15-17%. It is 0.9% of the total retail m arket and 9.3% of the organised retail market.
* High brand value
* World’s No.1 shoemaker
* Sells products in over 180 different countries
* The company has a very diversified product portfolio ranging from sports shoes, equipments to clothing and accessories * Strong and innovative marketing
* The products can sometimes...