Answer the following, submit through the assignments link as an msword document.
1. What percent of air is oxygen?
21% of air is oxygen.
2. What is the entire process of gas exchange between atmosphere and body cells called
It is called respiration.
3. What is the waste product of cells?
Carbon dioxide is the waste product of cells.
4. What organs are located in the upper respiratory tract?
The organs that are located in the upper respiratory tract are the nose, nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and pharynx.
5. What organs are in the lower respiratory tract?
The organs that are located in the lower respiratory tract are the larynx, trachea, bronchial tree, and lungs.
6. What is the function of the nasal cavity?
The nasal cavity is where the internal hairs begin to filter air. The primary function is to conduct air to the pharynx, where mucous lining filters and moistens air.
7. What does mucous do?
The mucous entraps dust and other small particles that enter with air. As cilia move, it push mucous with dust towards pharynx, where it is swallowed and digested by stomach.
8. What is the function of the larynx?
The function of larynx is to conduct air in and out of trachea, prevent foreign objects from entering trachea. Also houses the vocal cords.
9. Which lung is larger, the right or the left?
The right lung is larger than the left lung.
10. What is laryngitis?
Laryngitis is horseness or loss of voice, mucous membrane becomes inflames, can cause obstruction of airway.
11. What is a bronchoscopy?
Bronchoscoy is produce used to directly examine the trachea and bronchial tree.
12. The paranasal sinuses are resonant chambers that affect the quality of voice and function to _________.
Reduce the weight of skull and resonant chambers that affect quality of...