Answer the following; submit through the assignments link as an ms word document.
1. What percent of air is oxygen? 21% if air is oxygen.
2. What is the entire process of gas exchange between atmosphere and body cells called? The entire process of gas exchange between atmosphere and body cells called respiration.
3. What is the waste product of cells? Carbon dioxide and water are the waste products of cells.
4. What organs are located in the upper respiratory tract? Organs are located in the upper respiratory tract included nose, nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and pharynx.
5. What organs are in the lower respiratory tract? Organs are located in the in the lower respiratory tract included larynx, trachea, bronchial tree and lungs.
6. What is the function of the nasal cavity? Its primary function is to conduct air to the pharynx, where mucus lining filters and moistens air.
7. What does mucous do? This mucus entraps dust and other small articles that enter with air.
8. What is the function of the larynx? It functions as a passageway for food from oral cavity to esophagus and for air passing between nasal cavity and larynx. It also helps to produce sounds of speech.
9. Which lung is larger, the right or the left? The right lung is larger than the left lung and is divided into 3 lobes while the left one only had 2 lobes.
10. What is laryngitis? It is the horness or loss of voice, mucus membrane became inflamed, can cause obstruction of air way.
11. What is a bronchoscopy? It is the procedure used to directly examine the trachea and bronchial tree.
12. The paranasal sinuses are resonant chambers that affect the quality of voice and function to _________. The paranasal sinuses are resonant chambers that affect the quality of voice and function to reduce weight of skull.
13. What is found within the trachea that prevents it from collapsing and blocking the...