C1 Write an Introduction which explains why it is important to plan to meet the care and learning needs of all children (5 marks)
* What is planning?
Planning is a way of thinking and organizing activities to achieve a set goal to help progress in something you may lack in.
* Why is it important to plan (it is suggested that you use research or theory here)? Planning is important because it helps you to achieve to your goal on a step by step guidance to help to reach your aim. Also planning will help you to keep on task of what you need to do and how you need to do it. Planning also helps to keep a lesson organized so the teacher is aware of what materials they need to do their activity.
* Introduce the fact that it is important to plan to meet both care and learning needs It is also important to plan to help meet both care and learning needs of a child. By planning it helps the children care
* What are care needs?
* Why is it important to plan to meet children’s individual care needs? It is important to plan to meet children individual care needs to help them as an individual to reach their goal. Every child has a different care need not all the same so as a practitioner it is you duty to help the children in your setting meet their needs, also it helps you as a practitioner to see where the child has progressed and if you’re planning is successful.
* Example of how you have met an individual care need in placement and why this was important to this child. In pre-school my setting a child was finding it hard to write their name and was getting annoyed with themselves so I sat down and planned ways that I can help the child to find writing their name easy. I set two plans; the one I used is the big letter cards so put out each letter at a time while the child copies the letter. I had all my materials ready for the next day and tried it with the child and it helped make it easier by seeing what the letter looks like. * Why is it important to have care routines in the planning? It is important to have care routines in the planning
* Example of a care routine that is planned for in placement and why it is important to a specific child you have cared for.
* Explain something from a curriculum framework that meets the requirement of a care routine e.g. making healthy snacks, hand washing, brushing teeth etc... Why is it important to meet the requirements of the curriculum framework? It is important to follow the curriculum framework that meets the requirement of a care routine for example making sure that children wash their hands before snack, lunch, if been outdoor, coughed or sneezed into their hands. It is important to meet the requirements of the curriculum frame work to help provide the children in your setting with a good care routine that will help them on a day to day basis at the setting. * Example of something in placement that has met the requirement of a care routine due to the curriculum e.g. hand washing (ensure you provide a reference to show that it is in the curriculum document). * Why is this important is planning to teach this care routine important with specific reference to a particular child. * Why is it important to plan to share information about care needs? It is important to plan and share care needs to help the children and the practitioners in your setting for example a child might be allergic to soap and cannot wash their hands with it as a practitioner you will need to figure out a way to meet the childs care needs. A practitioner in your setting may be finding it hard to meet a child need you can help them figure out a way to help meet the childs needs as it can affect the child. * How is this done in your placement? Describe a time when it was particularly important with one specific child. A child in my setting would not have a full hour nap like their parents said they needed and if the child did not have the full...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document