Performance measurement and organizational learning in a change environment.
Table of contents
• Research Problem
Research Questions (or Hypotheses)
Literature Review (and Theoretical Frameworks)
• Expected Outcomes - Significance and contribution to knowledge
• Research design: research method; data collection techniques; and analysis
• Expected outcome
The context for this research is the Victorian government ‘best value’(BV) reform that imposes new statutory process and performance demands on every internal and external service delivered by councils. ‘Performance measurement’ and ‘organizational learning’ are critical elements in this transformative BV framework. These two elements are yet to be adequately explored, and their interaction is an open question. The primary purpose of this research is to investigate the use of performance measurement and its interaction with organizational learning, and therefore inform discussion of alternative approaches to BV - as what cannot be discussed cannot be improved, at least not intentionally (Jonsson, 1996).
How performance measurement:
• evolves and operates in a specific NPM environment; and
• interacts with organizational learning.
1. Questions about how performance measurement evolves and operates in the specific NPM environment of BVV:
• What are the approaches to the development and use of performance information within BVV; and
• Why are particular approaches taken?
2. Questions about the interaction between performance measurement and organizational learning:
• In what ways do particular approaches to the development and use of... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 04). Research Plan/Proposal. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-Plan-Proposal-677678.html
"Research Plan/Proposal" StudyMode.com. 04 2011. 04 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-Plan-Proposal-677678.html>.
"Research Plan/Proposal." StudyMode.com. 04, 2011. Accessed 04, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-Plan-Proposal-677678.html.