Sr no | Particulars | Pg no. |
1 | What is research | 5 |
2 | Fundamental types of research question | 6 |
3 | What is research design | 8 |
4 | How to design a case study | 12 |
5 | How research design helps to increase profit | 13 |
6 | Failure of research | 18 |
WHAT IS RESEARCH?
Research is an active, diligent and systematic process of inquiry in order to discover, interpret or revise facts, events, behaviors, or theories, or to make practical applications with the help of such facts, laws or theories. The term "research" is also used to describe the collection of information about a particular subject.
The word "research" derives from the Middle French and the literal meaning is "to investigate thoroughly".
HOW RESEARCH IS DONE?
* Research is all about addressing an issue or asking and answering a question or solving a problem, so…
* Identify an issue, question, or problem.
* Talk with people who want or need your study
* Find out what's already known about it.
* Talk with experts and/or read their reviews and the original research on the topic .
* Plan, cost, and do your study accordingly.
* Write it up and submit it for assessment.
* Better still, do a good job on it and submit it for publication
* Undergrad projects are sometimes good enough to publish
* Your work will benefit more people if you publish it
* Rule No. 1 in academia is publish or perish
Fundamental types of research questions:
Social researchers ask two fundamental types of research questions:
1 What is going on (descriptive research)?
2 Why is it going on (explanatory research)?
Descriptions can be concrete or abstract. A relatively concrete description might describe the ethnic mix of a community, the changing age profile of a population or the gender mix of a workplace. Alternatively the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 08). Research Design as a Concept of Increasing Sales as Well as Profit. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-Design-As-A-Concept-Of-753379.html
"Research Design as a Concept of Increasing Sales as Well as Profit" StudyMode.com. 08 2011. 08 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-Design-As-A-Concept-Of-753379.html>.
"Research Design as a Concept of Increasing Sales as Well as Profit." StudyMode.com. 08, 2011. Accessed 08, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Research-Design-As-A-Concept-Of-753379.html.