Division of Pampanga
MEXICO NORTH DISTRICT
Alternative Learning System (ALS) plays a great role in the development of literacy. It is believed that this is one of the ways on how to get out of poverty. And to put this into realization ALS seeks and offers different activities to give hope to the people particularly the out of school youth and adult.
Below were the different activities that were attended, participated and implemented for the calendar year 2012.
1. Literacy Mapping of 15 years old and above for prospective learners for the A & E Test 2012.
2. Out of the 55 test takers in the A & E Test held last October 16, 2011, 22 passed the test.
3. Attended the ALS Fear Factor at Meycauayan, Bulacan last May 21-25, 2012.
4. Passers joined the closing exercises held at Miss Earth Park, Candaba, Pampanga last June 16, 2012.
5. Organized and managed a livelihood project on Fabric Conditioner, Dishwashing Liquid, Detergent Powder and Hand Soap Liquid last June 23, 2012. Participants were provided with the needed materials. They were also given free snacks.
6. Offer A & E review to learners who will take the test on October 21, 2012. Venues are Anao Elementary School, San Juan High School and Panipuan Elementary School. Enrollees were given supplies and free reviewers.
7. Opened another learning center at Pangatlan for the OSYAS on the said barrio and nearby barangays.
ANGELINA B. LAGMAN
District ALS Coordinator
ZENAIDA G. QUIAMBAO
Public Schools District Supervisor