I. Research Method in Physical Education.-100=70+30
II. Sports Management.-100=70+30
III. Scientific Principles of Training. -100=70+30
IV. Test, Measurement and Evaluation in -100=70+30
Educational Tour 100
(Purpose to visit Physical Educational and Sports Institute of repute and also sports facilities, they shall submit a report on their return).
PAPER – I
RESEARCH METHODS IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1. Definition of Research.
2. Need and importance of Research in Physical Education and Sports. 3. Scope of Research in Physical Education & Sports.
4. Types of Research-Basic, Applied and Action Research.
2. Research Problem
1. Meaning of the term.
2. Location and criteria of Selection of Problem.
3. Formulation of a Research Problem.
4. Limitations and Delimitations.
3. Survey of Related Literature
1. Need for surveying related literature.
2. Literature Sources.
3. Library Reading.
4. Historical Research
1. Meaning and definition of Historical Research.
2. Historical Sources.
3. Evaluation of Historical data.
5. Survey Studies.
1. Meaning of Survey.
2. Tools of Survey Research.
1. Questionnaire and Interview.
2. Meaning of Questionnaire and Interview.
3. Construction, Appearance and Development of Questionnaire. 4. Procedure of Conducting interview.
5. Suggestions to enhance response.
6. Case Studies.
1. Meaning of Case Studies.
7. Normative Survey.
1. Meaning of Normative Survey.
2. Factors affecting Normative Survey.
8. Philosophical Research.
1. Meaning of Philosophical Research.
2. Tool of Philosophical Research.
3. Steps in Critical Thinking.
9. Experimental Research
1. Meaning of Experimental Research.
2. Experimental Designs
1. Types of Designs.
2. Suitability of Designs.
10. Research Proposal
1. Meaning and Significance of Research Proposal.
2. Preparation of Research proposal.
11. Research Report.
1. Meaning of Research Report.
2. Qualities of a good Research report.
3. Part of a Research Report.
PAPER – II
1. Nature of Management:
1. Concept of management and administration.
2. The purpose of Management.
3. The scope of Management.
4. Essential skills of Management.
5. Pros and Cons of becoming a Manager (Advantage & Disadvantage). 6. Bases for philosophy in Management.
7. Competency based approaches and implication in physical education and sports. UNIT-II
2. Leadership style and method.
1. Elements of leadership.
2. Forms of Leadership.
3. Qualities of administrative leader.
4. Preparation of administrative leader.
5. Leadership and Organisational performance.
3. Sports Management in Schools, colleges and Universities.
1. Planning a school or college sports programme.
2. Directing of school or college sports programme.
3. Controlling a school, college and university sports programme. 1. Developing performance standard
2. Establishing a reporting system
4. The reward/punishment system
4. Financial management in
1. Physical Education & sports in schools, Colleges and Universities. 2. Strategic Management.
3. Fiscal Management.
4. Accounting – Cost accounting, Control, audit, Revolving, Funds, Discretionary Funds. 5. Budget – Criteria of good budget Steps of Budget making
1. Earl F. Zeigh & Gary W. Bowie. Management Competency Development...