Course Name: Research Methods
Course Number: EBM502-3D 2012
1. What is not research?
There are some misconception about research, see as below: • Research is not mere information gathering.
• Research is not mere transportation of facts from one location to another. • Research is not merely rummaging for information.
• Research is not a catchweord used to get attention.
2. What is research?
Research is a systematic process of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data to increase understanding of phenomenon about which we are interested. 3. Abstract
An abstract is short report of complted reseach report.
4. Characteristics of the research
There are 8 type of research characteristics see as below:
|I)originates with a question |ii) requires clear |iii) requires clear |iv) requires a specific plan | |or problem |articulation of a goal |articulation of a goal |for proceeding | |v)usually divides the |vi) is guided by the specific |vii) Accepts certain critical |viii)requires the collection | |principal problem into more |research problem, question, or|assumptions |and interpretation of data | |manageable sub problems |hypothesis | | |
5. Research Originates with a question or problem: The word is filled with unanswered questions and unsolved problem
6. Research requires clear articulation of a goal: A clear, unambiguous statement of the problem is critical.
7. Research requires a specific plan for proceeding: Research should not be unknown and need to answer the necessary question.
8. Research usually divides the principal problem into more manageable sub problems: And researches are needed to explain main problem with some sub problems.
9. Research is guided by the specific research problem, question, or hypothesis: Should be use some hypothesis on research.
10. Research accepts certain critical assumptions: In research, assumptions are equivalent to axioms in geometry. 11. Research requires the collection and interpretation of data in an attempt to resolve the problem that initiated the research: After a researcher has isolated the problem, divided into appropriate sub problem.
12. Research is, by its nature, cyclical or, more exactly, helical: The research process follows a cycle and beings simply.
13. Hypothesis: Hypothesis is a possible answer about the problem and sub problem.
14. Theory: Theory presents a concept or idea that is testable.
15. Assumption: Assumption is the act of taking possession of something.
16. Methodology: Methodology is arranging data in logical relationship. The information about how data is collected.
17. Data Interpretation: Data interpretation is the analysis of scientific measurements and observations to develop evidence for answering a question.
18. Internet: Internet is a powerful way to access a wide variety of information on an almost limitless number of topics.
19. Course Syllabus: Course syllabus is kind of instruction, where we get all the information about the course, instructors information, about the grading information.
20. Course Outline: Course outline is like a content about the book or chapter information, which is given by the course instructors.
1. Research Tool: Research tool is kind of strategy which is use by researcher to collect, manipulate and interpret data.
2. Research Methodology: Research methodology is kind of approach the researcher takes in carrying out the research project.
3. Six general tools of research: The six general tools of research are ▪ the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document