Bharath Institute of Science and Technology
(Declared Under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956)
Department: Mechanical Engineering Year: II Semester: III
Subject Code: BME305
Subject Name: Production Technology
Unit – I
1) Differentiate Hot & Cold working process
2) What is Extrusion
3) Types of hot and cold working processes.
4) Name any four casting defects
5) Types of casting, and types of furnaces.
1) Explain brief in the gas welding processes with the suitable sketch.
2) Explain in detail Arc welding processes and write down the merits & demerits with sketch.
3) what is Permanent mould casting ? Write down its advantages, disadvantages,applications and its operations
4) (i) Draw and explain the cupola furnace.
(ii) Draw and explain the pit furnace.
Unit – II
1) What is chip and its formation.
2) Write the distinguish between orthogonal cutting process and oblique cutting process
3) What are the functions of a cutting fluid?
4) Explain the merchant circle.
5) Write down the types of cutting fluid.
1) draw Merchants cutting force circle in orthogonal cutting and explain various forces involved in it ?
2) Explain brief what are the procedure in metal cutting economics.
3) Explain brief the nomenclature of the single point cutting tool.
4) a) Write a short note on cutting speed
b) Briefly explain the economics of machining
Unit – III
1) Types of lathe.
2) What are the operations performed in Capstan and Turret lathe?
3) Which mechanism used to make a thread cutting operation.
4) Write down the various operations in lathe machine.
5) Write down the types of tool post.
1) Draw the general view of Centre lathe and show its various mechanisms and features.
2) Draw and explain the taper turning...