TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT IN IT SECTOR
It plays an important role in manpower development. Employees need training to perform their duties effectively, eliminate wastage and reduce accident. While training is directed towards maintaining and improving current job, managerial development seeks to develop skills for future jobs.
1. Training is a learning experience that seeks a relatively permanent change in an individual that will improve his ability to perform on the job.
2. Training is the act of increasing the knowledge and skill of anemployee for doing a particular job ( Edwin Flippo)
TO THE ORGANIZATION:
* It improves the job knowledge and skills at all levels of the organization. * It improves the morale of the workforce and helps people to identify with organizational goals. * It fosters openness and trust by improving the relationship between superiors and subordinates. * It leads to improved profitability.
* It helps development for promotion from within.
* It helps in developing leadership skill, motivation, loyalty and better attitudes. Facilitate conflict handling, adjust to change. * It helps to improve corporate image & reduce outside consulting
TO THE EMPLOYEES
* Encourages self-development and self-confidence.
* Facilitate employees to handle stress, tension &conflict. * Helps in better decision making and problem solving.
* Improves leadership skills, communication & attitude. * Encourages to take job involves risk.
* Enhances group cohesiveness.
* Increases job satisfaction, reduce labor turnover & absenteeism. * It helps in avoiding accidents, waste elimination and damage to equipments.
Shortage of skills
: As skilled and knowledgeable people are on short supply it is advisable to improve skill and knowledge of existing employees.
: There is a great need to update technology as it obsolete over a period and hence need to update through training.
: As time passes knowledge and skill of employees become obsolete and there to update it through training.
: To prevent obsolescence of organization, employees must be exposed to modern techniques of management through training
: New employees require extensive training to bring them up to the minimum level of performance standard.
Conversion of Agrarian labor to industrial worker
:Employee’s coming from agrarian/farming background need to be trained to industrial culture or workshop ethos.
Coercive training by Govt
Apprenticeship training conducted by Govt. of India.
: The latest thinking is to treat employees as human capital. The expenses involved in training and development are now considered as investment.
LE OF TRAININGIMPORTANCE OF TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Optimum Utilization of Human Resources
– Training and Development helps in
Infosys Limited, formerly Infosys Technologies Limited, is an Indian multinational provider of business consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka.
Infosys was co-founded in 1981 by N. R. Narayana Murthy, Nandan Nilekani, N. S. Raghavan, S. Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora after they resigned from Patni Computer Systems.
"We will be a globally respected corporation."
"Strategic Partnerships for Building Tomorrow’s Enterprise."
Infosys helps companies derive the measurable...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document