The purpose of the Attachment report is to reflect the experience and knowledge gained during the Attachment in a target-oriented way. The report should do so with a focus on the application of the knowledge and skills already acquired during the university program, and of interdisciplinary key qualifications. The keywords given below can be used as a guideline for the appropriate structure and content of an Attachment report.
The report has 5 chapters and the references page(s). Do not attach your Assessment Form or your Student Evaluation Form into the report. This will be handed in as separate items.
The Cover Page should display:
* University Name
* Degree Course
* Student Full Name (as it appears on the Faculty Register) * Student Number (as it appears on the Faculty Register)
* Organization Name (and Logo if possible)
* Attachment Start and Finish Dates
Table of Contents
Contents of the report with chapters and page numbers, list of tables, and list of figures.
1. Executive Summary
A one page summary of the organization and a short account of the major activities carried out during the Attachment period. Conditions surrounding your organization choice should also be framed and include:
* Selection of the establishment
* Application procedure – how did you acquire the attachment? * Frame conditions agreed upon (e.g. contract, pay, working time) * Job / task definition
2. Introduction of the organization
* Field of interest of the organization.
* Structure (size, departments, number of employees)
* Special regulations / measures concerning interns
This section should answer the following questions:
1. What is the full title of the organization? Give a brief history of the company, full mailing address and relevant web links. 2. What is the type of ownership of the organization?
3. What is the sector that the organization operates in? Specify the products and services produced and offered to its customers. 4. Who are regarded as the customers/beneficiaries of your Attachment organization (consider the end users, retailers, other manufacturers, employees, etc.)? 5. Provide a dependable organizational chart of the company.
3. Description of Attachment
3.1 Weekly timetable
A weekly timetable where each row in the table corresponds to a day in Attachment period. Should record the date, activity on that date. Weekly Schedule should explain the work accomplished each day of the week during the Attachment period and should contain:
* The department(s) of the organization that you worked in during the week. * Name and signature of the supervisor for each week.
* The official stamp of the organization.
Sample Weekly Timetable
DATE| OBJECTIVES| TASKS ACHIEVED| LESSONS LEARNT| TOTAL HOURS| | | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |
3.2 Description of work station
You should present the activities performed during the Attachment period. * Description of the department (staff, tasks, structural integration within the company, hierarchy levels) * Report on the familiarization phase (introduction and mentoring, contact with other employees, etc.) * Description of the workstation / working area
* Task description (handling, cooperation, work results and their presentation and implementation of work results) * Description of a typical work day
* Mentoring situation
4. Impact of the internship
This is the main body of your report. It should express the following: * Social conditions (atmosphere, work climate, mentoring situation) * Evaluation of the assigned tasks and the individual work performance * Implications for future study and career planning
* Comparison of goals and expectations with actual experience...