Chapter 3 Terms
1. Praxis: Living according to one’s belief, not just in private, but also in a way that affects the world. a. Through this critical appropriation critical praxis becomes a possibility.
2. Circle of faith in action: The approach to doing justice that we will examine, which borrows the aspects of the circle of praxis and A Call to Action. b. People all around are called to follow the circle of faith in action to help make the world a better place.
3. Awareness: Seeing, hearing, and knowing the world in a spirit of friendship, as God does. c. We are called to spread awareness of the problems people are facing in the world, so we can help them.
4. Worldview: The beliefs that guide the way someone relates to the world. d. People around the world have different worldviews on how things may affect them, good or bad.
5. Culture: All of the shared values, beliefs, and ways of relating and living together that characterizes a particular group of people. e. Understanding another’s culture is one way to bring people closer.
6. Respect: To look beyond the outer appearances and first impressions to see the goodness that is the foundation of all God’s creation f. If we want to be respected, we must first respects ourselves.
7. Analysis: The process of understanding how people’s lives are affected by the relationships that shape the society in which they live. g. Before we try to approach the problem, we must first go through the process of analysis.
8. Interdependent: Depending on one another for our existence. h. We live in an interdependent world where everyone need one another.
9. Relationship map: Shows the connection between people that shape our society. i. Everyone’s relationship can be seen in the link of the relationship map.
10. Social structure: The patterns that shape any society. j. Many people say that the social structure of out...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document