Marist Sisters’ College Woolwich
Year 10 History Mandatory
HAND-IN ASSESSMENT TASK
7 August 2014
5 September 2014
NATURE OF TASK
Research for a Newspaper report
IN THIS TASK YOU ARE REQUIRED TO:
● create a celebratory A3 wraparound commemorating the contributions of the Whitlam Government, which is to be included in newspapers across the country ● create a layout design of the A3 wraparound that is creative, engaging and most importantly, informative
● reference all material in the submission in a bibliography What will be included in the wraparound?
The issue will be made up of four different sections. They are: Section 1:
Sequence the key events of the “It’s time” campaign and the Whitlam Labor government between 1971 and 1975, and explain why the election win in 1972 was significant. (Maximum word count – 300 words)
Explain one domestic policy and the impact it had on Australian society (Maximum word count – 400 words)
Explain one foreign policy and the way it changed international relations for Australia (Maximum word count – 400 words)
Editorial comment where you are required to assess the contribution of Whitlam’s policies to young Australians today (Maximum word count 400 words)
What do I need to remember for each section?
● All written work must be supported with primary and secondary sources. These may come in the form of headlines, images, political cartoons etc.
● Keep within the word limit for each section
● Be creative yet ensure information is thorough and accurate ● Note down all sources (images and text based sources) used as they need to be referenced and included in your bibliography
PLEASE FILL OUT AN ASSESSMENT COVER PAGE AND ATTACH IT TO THE FRONT OF YOUR TASK BEFORE SUBMISSION
Syllabus Outcomes Assessed:
5.1 explains social, political and cultural developments and events and evaluates their...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document