Red Bull in India
MRS Nadine STEWART
Essentials and Advanced Concepts of Marketing Course and Project
Red Bull is an energy drink containing taurine, invented by Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz and Thai Chaleo Yoovidhya. The company that sells it is installed in Fuschl am See, a small Austrian village located twenty kilometers from Salzburg and has an annual turnover of over three billion euros. In 2008, 4,613 employees work for the firm in the world.
Red Bull was launched in 1987 primarily on the Austrian market in cans of 25 cl blue and silver supported by advertising consists of cartoons minimalist, punctuated by the famous slogan “Red Bull Gives You Wings”. In April 2008, she received marketing approval in France.
List the key external environmental opportunities or threats that face the organization:
Red Bull can be called as a pioneer in the energy drink category worldwide. In India too, Red Bull was the brand that created the energy drink category. The brand came into India in 2003. Although the brand has been keeping a low profile compared to the Cola majors, Red Bull has created a category of energy drinks in the Indian Market.
• According to the Economic Times (30.05.08), the energy drink market in India is estimated to be around 100 cores.
• The market now has two main players: Red Bull and Power Horse.
• RB has an assessed market share of 29% of the global market of energy drinks.
• In the US, RB enjoys a 47% share of the energy drink market, and now has a 50% share of the German energy drink market.
• Extension of product line- this will help to retain market share.
• Hardcore advertising and promotions.
• Consumer recognition through sponsorship of sports events.
• New ventures like partnership with Facebook.
• Health concerns- tougher rules from government on high caffeine content.
• Consumer awareness of health and well being- people may... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 04). Red Bull. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Red-Bull-656703.html
"Red Bull" StudyMode.com. 04 2011. 2011. 04 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Red-Bull-656703.html>.
- MLA 7
"Red Bull." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2011. Web. 04 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Red-Bull-656703.html>.
"Red Bull." StudyMode.com. 04, 2011. Accessed 04, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Red-Bull-656703.html.