• 2004: Time Warner announced that it was shutting down its CNNfn financial information channel and disposing of its share in Google . • On February 23, 2006, Turner South, a regional sports and entertainment network in the south, was sold to News Corp's Fox Cable Networks group. The network later became SportSouth. • On March 31, 2006 Time Warner sold the Time Warner Book Group to French publisher Hachette Livre, of the Lagardere group. • On September 12, 2006, Time Inc. announced that Time4 Media, a group of men's interest magazines including Popular Science and Outdoor Life • In the summer of 2008, Time Warner buys QSP (a school and youth groups fundraising company) from the Reader's Digest Association. • In March 2009, Time Warner Cable was divested from the company in a spin-out. • On March 6, 2013, Time Warner announced the divestment of Time Inc. as a separate publicly traded company.
• In late 2003, News Corp acquired a 34% stake in DirecTV Group (largest American satellite TV system) from General Motors for US $6 billion.
• In 2005, Reincorporate, and then buy out Fox Entertainment Group. In July 2005, purchase social network website Myspace for $580 Mil. 1 year after, value tripled from buying price.
• In 2007, News Corporation reached an agreement to purchase Dow Jones, publishers of The Wall Street Journal, for an estimated $5.6 billion
• In 2009, News Corp established NewsCore, a global wire service ( provide news stories to all of News Corp's journalistic outlets
• On 6 June 2012, News Corporation announced that it would buy out ESPN Inc.'s stake in ESPN Star Sports to gain full control over the Asian sports network
• In January 2006, NBC Universal launched a new cable channel, Sleuth. The channel's programming dedicated to mystery/crime genre
• In August 2007, NBC Universal purchased Sparrowhawk Media Group and...