Sta Ana Avenue, Davao City
First Sem. 2010-2011
Art Appreciation and Aesthetics
Name:_______________________________________Score:______________Rating:_____________ Course and Year:____________________________ Date and Schedule of Exam:________________ Instructor: MS. ROMELYN L. TELACASPermit No.:_____________________________
General Instruction: READ AND UNDERSTAND EACH STATEMENT CAREFULLY. ERASURES ARE NOT ALLOWED. IF YOU HAVE QUERIES, APPROACH THE PROCTOR AND NOT YOUR SEATMATE OR CLASSMATE. GOOD LUCK!
I. Modified True or False. Underline the word or group of words that makes the statement FALSE. If the statement is correct, leave the statement as it is. ( 15 points)
1. Art constitutes one of the oldest and most important means of expression developed by man. 2. Art helps you discourage what is around you.
3. Art is a universal form of communication.
4. Music is an art that produces compilations of expressive ideas. 5. The art that we perceive through our eyes is called play. 6. Dance is an art of combining and regulating sounds of varying pitch 7. The most basic relationship about arts is concerned with emotions, with our feelings about things. 8. Creativity is an artist’s trait developed in the course of her life to solve problems or express her feelings.
9. Commercial art includes the mechanical process by which images are produced on synthesized surfaces by which by action of light.
10. Drawing is the art of presenting something by lines made on surface or the process of portraying an object.
11. Humanities have always aimed at making man’s life richer. 12. Humanities originated from a Latin word.
13. Philippine art somehow reveals Greek and Roman influence. 14. Art is important only to those who are...