Tarlac National High School
Short Story Review #3
Respectfully Submitted To:
Mrs. Catherine G. Martinez
(English IV Teacher)
Respectfully Submitted By:
Kayla Gesril P. Bonete
I. Title Of The Book/Story: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory II. Author: Roald Dahl
III. Classification: Fiction
a. Time: Not indicated
b. Place: At the factory of Mr. Willy Wonka
1. Willy Wonka who in turn had a troubled childhood and has a special grand prize at the end for one of the kids
2. Charlie Bucket , a young boy who comes from a poor but loving family.
3. Veruca Salt, a spoiled rich girl.
4. Augustus Gloop, a gluttonous kid who stuffs his face with sweets.
5. Violet Beuragarde, a champion trophy gum chewer.
6. Mike Teavee, a kid who spends more time watching TV and playing video games than anything else.
Oommpa Loompas, Wonka's staff the singing, working.
VI. Vocabulary Development:
1. Gluttonous - Indulging in something, such as an activity, to excess; voracious.
2. Fascinating- Possessing the power to charm or allure; captivating.
Charlie Bucket is a young boy who comes from a poor but loving family and would love nothing more than to find a golden ticket to enter the amazing chocolate factory run by inventor and owner Willy Wonka. As luck would have it, Charlie finds the last golden ticket and goes on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure with his grandpa Joe. Among the other four winners are Veruca Salt, a spoiled rich girl; Augustus Gloop, a gluttonous kid who stuffs his face with sweets; Violet Beuragarde, a champion trophy gum chewer; and Mike Teavee, a kid who spends more time watching TV and playing video games than anything else. Most fascinating is the mysterious Willy Wonka who in turn had a troubled childhood and has a special grand prize at the end for one of the kids. Also along the tour are Wonka's staff the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document