This research paper seeks to present and discuss the poverty in municipality of Tboli. More specifically, it answers the following questions: 1. What are the causes and effect of the small scale?
Some effects of mining on the environment
1. It destroys forest and wetlands.
2. It may mean that you have to cut down lots of trees just to get to the spot that has all the gold or iron ore. 3. Many mine require tailings dams to prevent waste being washed into the rivers. Unethical miners can dispense with the dams, to save costs, resulting in massive pollution downstream. In other cases, the tailings dam can overflow, and even breach, during periods of heavy rain. 4. Underground coal mining can require the removal of almost an entire layer of material deep under the surface. When the timber supports collapse, this can lead to subsidence. The subsidence can mean economic loss to people above or damage to natural areas. It can even cause cracks in river beds, leading to loss of river flow. 5. Some mining involves the inadvertent dispersal of heavy metals, such as lead, into the atmosphere. This can have serious health effects, including mental retardation in children. 6. Asbestos mining causes the dispersal of asbestos into the environment. This will cause deaths among local residents and workers, often several decades later.
2. What are the disadvantages of the small scale?
The advantages and disadvantages of mining can be determined based on facts uncovered by scientists and by personal opinions. One definite advantage is the fact that it brings in large amount of profits for the companies doing the mining. It also provides employment for people who are unemployed in the mining regions. Mining for gold, coal and other ores are valuable.
1. To define what is Small Scale.
2. To know what are the disadvantages and advantages of Small scale.
IMPORTANCE OF THE STUDY:
The importance of small...