Raventos I Blanc Competitive Position (Swot)

Topics: Chardonnay, Brand, Trademark Pages: 2 (520 words) Published: December 17, 2011
Raventós i Blanc's competitive position
Raventós i Blanc’s brand was built on strong values such as high quality, uniqueness, character of the wine, property of the vineyards, tradition and heritage of a family business, perfection and innovation even if the low size of the business limits the investments in innovation and technology. From the competitive perspective, the company has two different positions in the Spanish market and in the external market. In Spain, Raventós i Blanc’s brand was perceived as a prestigious medium-high quality brand among a select niche market (“97% of cava consumption in Spain is for making toast. We are in the remaining 3%” – Manuel Raventós) also thanks to the classification as a Vino de Calidad Producido en una Región Determinada (VCPRD). Despite of this the brand was not generally well known. It was sold mainly through distributors (50 in Spain that counted for 80% of the company income) that in turn sold the products to restaurants (mainly) and specialist shops and supermarkets with a gourmet section but not in the large chain and in hypermarkets. The restaurant selected were medium-high-end restaurants. The other 20% of the company’s sales derived from direct sales. As for abroad, Raventós i Blanc’s brand was even less well known and for this reason faced the completion of lower quality sparkling wine. Foreign countries count for 14% of the company’s turnover thanks to the fact that Spanish wines had a good reputation abroad and Raventós i Blanc was one of the few companies marketing wines and cavas under the same brand name. Abroad sales were managed trough 40 importers choosing more specialized distributors in the mature markets. Raventós i Blanc’s position and the cava market situation can be represented like this. STRENGHTS  Brand image based on tradition and Experience  Vino de Calidad Producido en una región Determinada (VCPRD)  Family business with its own grapes  Unique wine’s character and experience  High...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay on Innovation for the Competitive Position of a Firm
  • Fastcat’s Competitive Position Essay
  • Competitive Forces and Swot Analysis Essay
  • Essay on Competitive Position
  • Resource and Competitive Position Analysis Essay
  • Agora Swot Anlysis & Competitive Advantage Essay
  • Mapping Your Competitive Position Essay
  • SWOT Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free