Halliburton’s primary business is providing a wide range of products and services for the energy industry, ranging from discovery to drilling and production. They have two distinct divisions, Drilling and Evaluation and Completion and Production, with each division specializing in individualized services. Drilling and Evaluations consist of Baroid Fluid Services, Sperry Drilling, Security DBS Drill Bits, wireline and perforating services, Landmark, and project management.1 This segment is primarily involved in the drilling and formation evaluation process during bore-hole construction. Its drilling systems offer directional control, while providing measurements about the features of the drill string and geological formations, while drilling directional wells. Additionally, it provides integrated exploration, drilling, and production software information systems, consulting services, real-time operations, and other integrated solutions. This segment also specializes in “oilfield project management and integrated solutions to independent, integrated and national oil companies.”2
Another division, Completion and Production services provide production enhancement services, completion tools and services, and cementing services. Production enhancement delivers stimulation services, pipeline process services, sand control services, and well intervention services.1 As of April 2007, Halliburton completed the sale of KBR’s Production Services group, which was part of its Energy and Chemical segment. In January 2007, it acquired Ultraline Services Corporation to supplement is Drilling and Evaluation division.2
All of these services combine to gross Halliburton over $13 billion in revenue in 2006, with approximately half of its revenues coming from operations overseas and other from North American operations. Production and completion services accounts for 56% of its revenues while the remaining 44% comes from... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 07). Ratio Analysis of Halliburton. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ratio-Analysis-Halliburton-157468.html
"Ratio Analysis of Halliburton" StudyMode.com. 07 2008. 07 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ratio-Analysis-Halliburton-157468.html>.
"Ratio Analysis of Halliburton." StudyMode.com. 07, 2008. Accessed 07, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Ratio-Analysis-Halliburton-157468.html.