Professor: Dr. John Issa
Students: Martin Dagher, Tony El khoury, Wael Al deeb, Nayiri Daghlian Course: Business Research Methods
Case: 6.2 - Cane’s Goes International
1) Raising Cane’s is a fast food chicken finger establishment based in Louisiana. Cane’s is interested to open in other countries and Australia was the first choice. Cane’s wants to open in other countries because it became popular and well known restaurant in the United States. Cane’s offers high-quality fried chicken fingers. The same menu will be offered in Australia. Is it suitable to establish Raising Cane’s in Australia?
2) - Where (the region) in Australia Raising Cane’s is going to be established? - What are the costs of opening a restaurant franchise in Australia? - Who are the target consumers?
- Does the limited menu of chicken fingers satisfy the Australian consumer? - Is there any possibility to add new dishes into the menu if the Australian consumer required varieties?
- What other restaurant chains offer similar food / menu in Australia? - Will Raising Cane’s be able to interpret its vision of “ To have restaurants all over the world and be the brand for quality chicken finger meals, a great crew, cool culture, and active community involvement” and make it a reality on the ground, starting from Australia?
- What is the Australian culture towards fried chicken?
- How many times per month does an Australian consume chicken? - Will all the ingredients be shipped from the US or some are going to be bought from local Australian market?
3) Current Situation:
Raising Cane’s is a fast-food chicken finger establishment based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which has chains in 18 US States. Its vision is to go global and to establish a chain in Australia.
What steps could be taken to insure the success of establishing a franchise in Australia?
The purpose of the research is to determine probable consumers’ respond on fried chicken...