A Raisin in the Sun
Short Answer in COMPLETE SENTENCES
1. Walter said, "Damn my eggs . . . damn all the eggs that ever was!" Why? 2. Why was Mama getting a check for $10,000?
3. What was Beneatha's attitude towards God?
4. Why is Asagai's present to Beneatha appropriate?
5. Why is Asagai's nickname for Beneatha appropriate?
6. Why did Mama call Walter a disgrace to his father's memory? 7. What was Walter's reaction to Mama's purchase? Ruth's reaction? 8. What did Mama do for Walter?
9. Who was Karl Lindner, and why did he visit the Youngers' house? 10. Why didn't Beneatha want to be a doctor anymore?
11. Why didn't Walter take the money Lindner offered?
Quotations Explain the importance or significance of each of the following quotations.
1. Baby, don't nothing happen for you in this world 'less you pay somebody off. Ii 2. Man say to his woman: I got me a dream. His woman say: Eat your eggs. Ii 3. Once upon a time freedom used to be life--now it's money. . . . .No--it was always money, Mama. We just didn't know about it. Iii 4. Here I am a giant--surrounded by ants! Ants who can't even understand what it is the giant is talking about. IIi 5. Sometimes it is hard to let the future begin. IIiii
6. What you just said--about the circle. It isn't a circle--it is simply a long line--as in geometry, you know, one that reaches into infinity. And because we cannot see the end--we also cannot see how it changes. And it is very odd but those who see the changes are called "idealists"--and those who cannot, or refuse to think, they are the "realists." III 7. He finally came into his manhood today, didn't he? III
8. Explain in detail why the title A Raisin in the Sun is appropriate for this play.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document