1. What food makes up nearly all (around 99%) of a Giant Panda’s diet? 2. True or false? Mice live for up to 10 years.
3. What is the name of the phobia that involves an abnormal fear of spiders? 4. What is the largest type of ‘big cat’ in the world?
5. True or false? Crocodiles have no sweat glands so they use their mouths to release heat. 6. Are butterflies insects?
7. What are female elephants called?
8. True or false? Bats are mammals.
9. Bees are found on every continent of earth except for one, which is it? 10. True or false? Cats spend an average of 13 to 14 hours a day sleeping. 11. What is the fastest land animal in the world?
12. A ‘doe’ is what kind of animal?
13. True or false? Cougar’s are herbivores.
14. Groups of lions are known as what?
15. Is a dolphin a mammal?
16. What is the largest land animal in the world?
17. True of false? Snakes have slimy skin.
18. What is the only continent on earth where Giraffes live in the wild? 19. How many pairs of wings does a bee have?
20. What type of animal is the largest primate in the world? 21. Is a shark a fish or a mammal?
22. What is the most recognizable feature of a hedgehog’s appearance? 23. True or false? Owls are far-sighted, meaning that anything within a few inches of their eyes can’t be seen properly. 24. What is the name of an adult female horse?
25. What are baby goats called?
26. What is the tallest animal in the world?
27. True or false? Rabbits are born blind.
28. What is the most recognizable physical feature of the male lion? 29. How many legs does a spider have?
30. The crocodile species is believed to have been around for how long? 2 million years or 200 million years?
2. False - Captive mice live for up to 2 and a half years while wild mice only live for an average of around 4 months. 3. Arachnophobia
4. The tiger, weighing up to 300 kilograms (660 pounds).
5. True - They often sleep with their mouth open to cool down. 6. Yes
11. The cheetah (it can reach speeds of up to 120kph – 75mph). 12. A female deer.
13. False - They are carnivores.
16. The elephant - The largest on record weighed around 12,000 kilograms! (26,000 lb). 17. False - Snakeskin is smooth and dry.
20. The Gorilla
21. A fish
22. Their spines of spiky hair.
24. A mare
26. The giraffe - The average height is around 5 metres (16ft) and the tallest on record stood nearly 6 metres (20 ft) tall. 27. True
28. Its mane
30. 200 million years
1. What is the name of the biggest part of the human brain?
2. The colored part of the human eye that controls how much light passes through the pupil is called the? 3. What is the name of the substance that gives skin and hair its pigment? 4. The muscles found in the front of your thighs are known as what? 5. True or false? The two chambers at the bottom of your heart are called ventricles. 6. What substance are nails made of?
7. What is the human body’s biggest organ?
8. The innermost part of bones contains what?
9. True or false? An adult human body has over 500 bones.
10. How many lungs does the human body have?
11. Another name for your voice box is the?
12. The two holes in your nose are called?
13. Your tongue is home to special structures that allow you to experience tastes such as sour, sweet, bitter and salty, what is their name? 14. The bones that make up your spine are called what?
15. The shape of DNA is known as?
16. The flow of blood through your heart and around your body is called? 17. The bones around your chest that protect organs such as the heart are called what? 18. What is the name of the long pipe that shifts food from the back of your throat down to your stomach? 19. True or false? Your ears are important when it comes to staying balanced. 20. The outside layer of skin on the human body is called the?
1. The cerebrum