Objectives of Report:
* To gain more insight regarding Nike’s income statement for the current year * To know the Officers of Nike for the year 2012
* To know the key competitors of Nike
* To learn more about Nike’s marketing strategies
* To find out if customers are satisfied with their service
Current business, product/services:
* Studs for strikers
* Mid fielders
National Team Gear
* Jersey for Brazil, Germany, etc
* Club jerseys like Man U, Real Madrid, etc.
Current State of Nike
From footwear and apparel to equipment, Nike is driven by designing innovative products for athletes. We’re a company in which the art of innovation is respected and can be found at the core of everything we do. Our Design team works directly with athletes and consumers to design authentic performance products. It’s a job that requires a passion for creativity and aesthetics, an eye for detail and the ability to create designs that help our athletes perform better. Being a designer at Nike means you have access to great resources like rapid prototyping equipment, machine shops, world-class material and design libraries.
* Nike, Inc Location: One Bowerman Drive Beaverton, Oregon 97005-6453 * Phone: 1 5036716453
* Industry: Footwear
* Sector: Consumer Goods
* Revenue: $24.12B
* Net Income: $2.22B
* 2012 Sales Growth: 15.5%
* Employees: 44,000
Quarterly Income Statement 2012
Current leading officers of Nike, Inc 2012
Nike, Inc Key Competitors 2012
Nike’s Operation-Process Flow:
Nike’s Manufacturing Vision
To enable this evolution in the supply chain relationships, Nike have articulated a new manufacturing vision: to create and to deliver great products through a sustainable, NIKE, Inc.-wide sourcing base. Their definition of a sustainable supply chain is one that’s lean, green, equitable and empowered: * Lean with regard to our manufacturing philosophy
* Green in our approach to design, product creation and sourcing * Equitable in our commitment to balance people and profit * Empowered by building a workforce that knows and can advocate for its rights Materials
The production of all athletic shoes is divided into the making of the three main parts of the shoe: the top of the shoe, called the upper; the midsole, the part of the shoe that cushions and protects the foot; and the outsole, or, as most consumers refer to it, the sole. It is variations in the type of material used for each of these three parts, as well as their combination, that makes the difference between types and brands of shoes, including Nike shoes. The midsole of the shoe is generally made up of a combination materials such as polyurethane, Phylon, Phylite (a combination of Phylon and rubber), and EVA, a flexible, foam-like material. The outsole of the shoe is formed from a blend of synthetic rubber compounds.
Nike shoes are unique amongst most athletic shoes in that the experimentation and design process for each new model of shoe can sometimes take up to 3 years. However, this extensive amount of research has paid off for Nike many times over the years -- the introduction of the pioneering midsole cushioning system, first sold in Nike Air shoes, changed the way all athletic shoes were produced.
Assembling the Upper Section and Insole
* Die machines stamp and separate the shoe shapes like a cookie cutter. A printing machine labels the parts with a numeric system to guide assembly.
* The pieces for...