Prepare responses to the following exercises from the text:
Exercises 80, 82, and 87 (Ch. 3)
80. Creek Ratz is a very popular restaurant located along the coast of northern Florida. They serve a variety of steak and seafood dinners. During the summer beach season, they do not take reservations or accept “call ahead” seating. Management of the restaurant is concerned with the time a patron must wait before being seated for dinner. Listed below is the wait time, in minutes, for the 25 tables seated last Saturday night.
28 39 23 67 37 28 56 40 28 50
51 45 44 65 61 27 24 61 34 44
64 25 24 27 29
a. Explain why the times are a population.
b. Find the mean and median of the times.
c. Find the range and the standard deviation of the times.
Exercises 34, 36, and 38 (Ch. 5) p164
34. P(A1) = .20, P(A2) = .40, and P(A3) = .40. P(B1IA1) = .25. P(B1IA2) = .05, and P(B1lAe) = .10.
Use Bayes’ theorem to determine P(A3 @ B1).
36. Dr. Stallter has been teaching basic statistics for many years. She knows that 80 percent of the students will complete the assigned problems. She has also determined that among those who do their assignments, 90 percent will pass the course. Among those students who do not do their homework, 60 percent will pass. Mike Fishbaugh took statistics last semester from Dr. Stallter and received a passing grade. What is the probability that he completed the assignments?
38. One-fourth of the residents of the Burning Ridge Estates leave their garage doors open when they are away from home. The local chief of police estimates that 5 percent of the garages with open doors will have something stolen, but only 1 percent of those closed will have something stolen. If a garage is robbed, what is the probability the doors were left open?
Exercises 45 and 62 (Ch. 6)
45. A Tamiami shearing machine is producing 10 percent defective pieces, which is abnormally high. The quality control... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 03). Qnt 561. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 03, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qnt-561-934935.html
"Qnt 561" StudyMode.com. 03 2012. 03 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qnt-561-934935.html>.
"Qnt 561." StudyMode.com. 03, 2012. Accessed 03, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Qnt-561-934935.html.