SHEET # 1
1. What is research? Why should there be any question about the definition of research? 2. What do you mean by research? Explain its significance. 3. List possible reasons for studying research.
4. Discuss the qualities of a good research.
5. Distinguish between research methods and research methodology. 6. Describe the different types of research.
7. What is the difference between applied and basic or pure research? Use a decision about how a sales person is to be paid, by commission or salary, and describe the question that would guide applied research versus the question that would guide pure research 8. Why is applied research more emphasized to business managers than basic research? 9. Discuss different kinds of firms that conduct research. 10. “A research scholar has to work as a judge and derive the truth and not as a pleader who is only eager to prove his case in favour of his plaintiff.” Discuss the statement pointing out the objectives of research. 11. “Research is much concerned with proper fact finding, analysis and evaluation.” Do you agree with this statement? Give reasons of your answer.
1. What is business research?
Business research is a systematic inquiry that provides information to guide managerial decisions. It is also a process of planning, acquiring, analyzing, and disseminating relevant data, information, and insights to decision makers in ways that mobilize the organization to take appropriate actions that, in turn, maximize performance (Cooper & Schindler, 2011). Why should there be any questions about the definition of research? There is a variety of a different type of research projects grouped under the label “business research”. The definition of research is not a simple standard that is the same for every individual. It is based on the person that is conducting the research. It has to be defined so that everyone understands what they...