Guidelines/activities for conducting Formative Assessment
For Classes – IX and X for Malayalam language.
Marks : 20+20=40
For both Terms for both Classes:
1. Class work, Home work, Debates, Recitation, Essay Writing, News Paper reading.
2. Creative Activity- Acting from poetry, Drama, Thirakkatha .
3. Albums of famous writers in Malayalam.
4. Creative works e.g. story writing and story telling, poetry writing.
5.Collection of Cartoon poems from famous poets in Malayalam Language.
6. Descriptions of famous writers in Malayalam.
8. Conversation Skills - Sabda Sudhi, Vakaya Sudhi, Idea expression etc.
9. Translation of proverbs, idioms from English to Malayalam, vice-versa.
10. Akshara Slokam competition.
11. Editing, manuscript magazine, bulletin board.
EXAMINATION STRUCTURE FOR SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT:
FIRST TERM (APRIL-SEPTEMBER 2010) SEPTEMBER 2010
MALAYALAM (CODE 012) : CLASS IX
The Question Paper will be divided into four sections:
Section A: Reading Comprehension - 10 marks
Section B: Writing - 15 marks
Section C: Grammar - 15 marks
Section D: Literature - 40 marks
Scheme of Section and Weightage to content: (Including Non detailed Text Book)
|SECTION |DETAILS OF TOPICS/SECTIONS |TYPES OF QUESTIONS |NO. OF QUES-TIONS |MARKS | |Section A |READING |S.A. |05 |5 X 2 = 10 | | |One unseen passage prose or poetry followed by | | | | | |questions | | | | | | | | |Total =10 | |Section B |WRITING | | | | | |1. One letter of about 100 words (personal, |Paragraph writing |01 |1 X 5 = 5 | | |official matters connected with daily life) | | | | | |2. Idioms and proverbs |Paragraph Writing | | | | | |L.A. |01 |1 X 4 = 4 | | |3. Short Essay | | | | | | | |01 |1 X 6 = 6 | | | | | |Total = 15 | |Section C |GRAMMAR | | | | | |Transformation of sentences (Active and passive|SA |03 |3 X 2 = 6 | | |voice, simple compound, direct and Indirect) | | | | | |Correction of sentences | | | | | |Vocabulary building (like synonyms, antonyms | | | | | |etc.) | | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document