Psychology Paper

Topics: Intelligence, Intelligence quotient, Psychometrics Pages: 2 (669 words) Published: March 31, 2013
2. What are some examples of ways in which observational learning has benefited you in your life? Are there instances in which observational learning has worked to your disadvantage? I actually do this a lot and never knew there was actually a name for it. I don’t like to admit when I don’t know anything or ask for help on something I feel I should already know. I work with heavy equipment for a living and started running equipment when I was 18 fresh out of high school. For somebody never being around heavy equipment before, I was way over my head. Before I started work I watched quite a few YouTube video’s on how to start up and check on equipment so I didn’t look like such a moron my first day of work. The first year I ran equipment I learned at least 80% of what I was doing by watching other operators and how they worked the dirt and rock around them. I accustomed myself very quickly with what I do just by watching how more experienced people preformed the tasks at hand. Another great example is when I first built my computer, I would say that about 30% of it came from listening to my buddies who have built their gaming systems and the other 70% was watching a buddy of mine who owns a local computer shop put together computers. I didn’t ask any questions because Tyler figured I had built my rig and I didn’t want to tell him I actually paid someone to build my first computer. When I was ready to upgrade my system though I built it myself and learned it all just by watching him put things together numerous times.

It was been at a disadvantage for me a couple of times because watching people do something wrong when you have no idea how to do it so you only learn from them. Then I’ll go to do the same task later down the road and get in trouble for doing it wrong or poorly; that’s always a fun discussion when you are trying to explain why you did it wrong in the first place when you said you knew how to do something.

5. Label the two major systems of...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Intelligence Paper
  • School Papers
  • Enzymes and Paper
  • General Paper
  • Banana Paper
  • Paper Flower
  • Ancient Paper
  • Paper Charcoal

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free