March 28, 2015
Test 2: Multiple Choice Questions
1. People from independent cultures are most likely to experience dissonance in situations when they are making decisions for ____________, while people from interdependent cultures are likely to experience dissonance when making decisions for ____________. a. their friends; themselves
b. themselves; their friends
c. the future; the present
d. the present; the future
2. A change in behavior or belief as a result of real or imagined group pressure is a. Compliance
3. Conformity that involves publicly acting in accord with social pressure while privately disagreeing is a. Compliance
4. According to the text, the most famous and controversial experiments of social psychology are a. Asch’s conformity ecperiment.
b. Milgram’s obedience experiments.
c. Smith and Dunn’s reactance experiments.
d. Berg’s compliance experiments.
5. The training of tortures by the military junta in Greece illustrates a. The compliance effect.
b. Cohesiveness effect.
c. The foot-in-the-door phenomenon.
d. Reactance phenomenon.
6. Conformity that results from accepting evidence about reality provided by others is _____________.
a. Informational influence.
b. Nominal influence.
c. Direct influence.
d. Normative influence.
7. The concern for how others are evaluating us is
a. Self-protection evaluation
b. Ego evaluation
c. Evaluation apprehension
d. Social evaluation
8. The loss of self-awareness and evaluation apprehension is called a. The singleton effect.
b. The group awareness effect.
d. Group polarization.
9. Studies of risky shift eventually led to the formulation of a. Social facilitation theory.
b. Group polarization hypothesis
c. The reactance effect
Please join StudyMode to read the full document