Chapter 1 Questions
1) Which of the following figures is most associated with behaviourism?
a. Noam Chomsky
b. Carl Jung
c. Albert Bandura
d. John Watson
2) What is the key distinction between basic and applied research?
a. basic is very simple research, while applied is extremely complex
b. basic is animal research, while applied is human research
c. basic is the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake, applied is designed to solve problems
d. basic is designed to solve problems. Applied is designed to answer questions
3) The jigsaw program is designed for what specific purpose?
a. to solve complicated puzzles by bringing in experts to inform laypeople
b. to promote collaborative efforts; the importance of which was established through the Robber’s Cave
c. to influence or control behaviour
d. to measure school enjoyment across ethnic groups
4) Freud described countless defense mechanisms. Which of the following could be called a defense mechanism?
5) Which of the following perspectives would be most likely to call individuals “free agents, seeking self-actualization and personal meaning”?
6) What does “CPA” stand for?
a. Clinic of Psychological Applications
b. Cloning as a Psychological Application
c. Canadian Psychosocial Agency
d. Canadian Psychological Association
7) What is psychological is first __________.
8) Albert Bandura’s approach to cognitive behaviourism can best be described as:
9) Self-actualization is a phenomenon that may be best... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 02). Psyc Mock Midterm. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Psyc-Mock-Midterm-923214.html
"Psyc Mock Midterm" StudyMode.com. 02 2012. 02 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Psyc-Mock-Midterm-923214.html>.
"Psyc Mock Midterm." StudyMode.com. 02, 2012. Accessed 02, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Psyc-Mock-Midterm-923214.html.