Mr. Arthur Belmont,
Coordinator, Student Summer Work Program
University of Ottawa
75 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa ON Canada K1N 6N5
Dear Mr. Belmont
The provincial government has agreed to fund several summer civic improvement projects for the Summer Work Program. As a member of the Student Summer Work Program, I think it would be beneficial if we could use these funding forwards environmental initiatives in the Ottawa community.
The main objectives of the Students Summer Work Program are:
1. To improve the environment.
2. To provide awareness of environmental issues to Ottawa residents.
3. To provide students with meaningful work experience while earning a salary of $10/hour.
With the budget of $5000, we plan to do the following:
1. Design and circulate flyers and posters around the University of Ottawa campus to attract awareness about our campaign.
2. Interview potential candidates who responded to our campaign. Only the top four respondents will be selected for the work program.
3. Send the chosen candidates to mandatory environmental training provided by the work program.
4. Survey the community to determine the priority areas that need the most amount of environmental improvement.
5. Plant 2257 new plants in the Ottawa area as outlined in our strategic plan.
Each student will be paid $10/hour for a total of 25 hours/week. Since the labour cost is $200/day for a total of 60 work days, the total labour cost incurred will be $9000. In additional, the raw material budget is from government subsidies, and therefore does not exceed the budget of $5000.
The following chart is breakdown of costs for our program:
|Name of Material |Unit Price($) |Quantity |Total Cost($) |
|Shovels |3.68 |2 |7.36... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 07). Proposal. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 07, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Proposal-731651.html
"Proposal" StudyMode.com. 07 2011. 07 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Proposal-731651.html>.
"Proposal." StudyMode.com. 07, 2011. Accessed 07, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Proposal-731651.html.