Problems in Researching7
An exploratory study on the prevalent attrition rate in the Indian IT industry and its escalating issues.
Can the existing rate of attrition shape up to be a cause of concern for the growth of Indian IT industry?
To analyse and explain the issues that are underlying factors for the existing attrition rate and what impact it can have on the industry in the near future.
The study is aimed at finding the attrition rate within the Indian IT industry and the factors that contribute to it. It will also help analyse the effect of such figures of employee turnover on the long term objectives of the firms within the industry and the industry as a whole.
Following are the objectives of the study:-
1. To understand the adverse effects of a high attrition rate on the organizations as well as the Indian industry.
2. To identify whether the figures of retrenchment is higher or the number of people making switchovers.
3. To understand the trends/drifts in the rate of attrition over the last few years in the IT industry.
4. Create a detailed analysis on what have been the major sources that have led to employees’ turnover within the IT industry of India.
5. To understand what can be the critical issues if such numbers of attrition continue in the future and what are the likely impacts on the IT industry.
6. To review the existing HR practices in response to attrition and its feasibility.
With these objectives, the research aims to find answer to the following questions:-
• What are the drifts in the attrition rate of Indian IT industry?
• What factors contribute to increase/ decrease in attrition rate of the IT industry of India?
• What is more: Retrenchment or the employees’ switchover within the industry?
• Can fall or rise in attrition rate determine the future of organizations within the Indian IT industry?
• Do the Employees’ turnover factors differ with their level in the hierarchy and the kind organizations they work for within the industry?
• Can “culture” be blamed for high attrition rate in IT industry of Indian economy?
The growth of Indian Economy has been highly boosted by the strong and persistent growth of its IT industry. Its quality of service has been able to ensure India as one of the best providers of IT service. One of the major reasons behind such success is the large pool of skilled talent available at the industry’s disposal. Human Resources are the one of the most important assets and thus the management of such a wide array of talent becomes one of the foremost concerns of the IT firms. The biggest challenges faced by HR professionals are in issues of attrition of their employees. This is an issue that I have been highly fascinated with and thus decided to do my research on the issues of retention and attrition. By the end of this study I hope to shed light on prevailing HR strategies and their effectiveness. This study should also be able to provide insights on employee expectations & perceptions and their motives behind switching organizations.
Of Late, the management of professionals has become very important for organizations due to the increasing number of firms within the industry which allows the employees with a wider choice of employees. Employee turnover has huge costs associated with it and thus curbing attrition is necessary. Simultaneously, I am also interested in finding out how the IT professionals look at attrition and how they react to it. Attrition is an issue that cannot be ignored...