Project on Wipro

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 241
  • Published : August 22, 2010
Open Document
Text Preview

PROJECT REPORT
ON
SERVICES OFFERED BY WIPRO LTD.

SUBMITTED IN THE PARTIAL FULLFILMENT FOR THE AWARD OF THE DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION 2008-2011

UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF
Mr. JATIN VAID
FACULTY, MAIMS

SUBMITTED BY:
BHUWAN GUPTA
Roll No.:9311
Batch No. –BBA 3rd Semester (2nd Shift)

Maharaja Agrasen Institute Of Management Studies
Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
Delhi.
PSP Area, Plot No. 1, Sector-22, Rohini, Delhi-110086

SELF DECLARATION

I, BHUWAN GUPTA, student of BBA, Maharaja Agrasen Institute Of Management Studies (MAIMS) Hereby declare that the project entitled “Services Offered By Wipro Ltd.” Is the result of my own efforts in collecting and gathering information based on the above mentioned topic and guidance given by concerned authority ( faculty Mr. JATIN VAID) from time to time.

BHUWAN GUPTA
BBA 3rd Semester
Roll NO.-9311

CERTIFICATE

This is to certify that BHUWAN GUPTA, Roll No9311 /MAIMS/2009 is a bonafide student of this institute pursuing B.B.A full time Programme of three years duration, which is in affiliation with GGS Indraprastha University and has undertaken a minor project on “WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES” in the partial fulfillment of B.B.A degree as required under the rules of the university.

Mr. JATIN VAID
( Project Guide)

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

This project work, which is my first step in the field of professionalism, has been successfully accomplished only because of timely support of my well wishers. I would like to pay my sincere regards and thanks to those, who directed me at every step in my project work.

First of all, I would like to express my thanks to Dr. NK Kakkar (director, MAIMS) for giving me such a wonderful opportunity to widen the horizons of my knowledge.

I extend my thanks to my project guide Mr. JATIN VAID for her scholarly guidance, constant supervision and encouragement. It is due to her personal interest and initiative that the project work is published in the present form.

Last but not the least, I would also thank all the staff members of MAIMS, friends and parents who have directly or indirectly contributed in making this project a success. It is a tribute for there valuation.

Despite all efforts, I have no doubt that error and obscurities remain that seen to afflict all writing projects and for which I am culpable.

BHUWAN GUPTA
BBA 3rd Semester

Wipro is headquartered in Bangalore and has 28 development centres across India, Europe and USA and also has 21 offices in USA, Canada, Finland, Taiwan, France and United Kingdom. Wipro has set a vision for itself to become a US$ 5 bn company in the next couple of years. It aims to be top 10 IT companies in the world' top IT company in India, among top 10 most favored employers in the world and to be among the top 5 brands in India. Wipro is a global company with revenues of Rs 30922 mn for the year 2001. The revenues for the company have been growing at an annual average rate of 23% and PAT at an annual average rate of 50%. It employs total of 14000 employees out of which 11500 employees are in IT business. Wipro follows Six Sigma quality systems and is also a SEI-CMM level 5 company with principal lines of businesses being information technology (IT) and consumer products. It also has other businesses of fluid power, lighting, medical equipment products and financial services. IT, which includes software services as well as hardware products, makes up the largest chunk of business for Wipro. It accounts for 84% of total revenues of Wipro ltd. the Global IT services contributes 57% of total revenues whereas Indian IT services contribute 27% of total revenues. The IT business makes up 84% of the revenues of Wipro Limited and around 93% of its PBIDT. Wipro has a very good client base with over 50 Fortune 500 companies and over 100 leading Indian corporates. In software Wipro has emerged as the...
tracking img