Ethics and Other Management Issues (CIS 485)
Project Management Issues
What is Project Management?
Project management is the discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives. It is often closely related to program management (Wikipedia).
A project is a temporary endeavour, undertaken to meet particular goals and objectives, having a defined beginning and end, usually to bring about beneficial change or added value. The temporary nature of projects stands in contrast to, which are repetitive, permanent or semi-permanent functional work to produce products or services. In practice, the management of these two systems is often found to be quite different, and as such requires the development of distinct technical skills and the adoption of separate management.
The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project goals and objectives while honouring the preconceived project constraints. Typical constraints are scope, time, and budget. The secondary challenge is to optimize the allocation and integration of inputs necessary to meet pre-defined objectives.
Project Management Approach
There are a number of approaches to managing project activities:
1. The Traditional Approach: A traditional phased approach identifies a sequence of steps to be completed.
2. Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM): It is a method of planning and managing projects that puts more emphasis on the resources (physical and human) needed in order to execute project tasks.
3. Extreme Programming: It is used in combination with the process modeling and management principles of human interaction management.
4. Event chain methodology: It is another method that complements critical path method and critical chain project management methodologies.
5. PRINCE2: It is a... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 11). Project Management Ethical Issues. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Project-Management-Ethical-Issues-489561.html
"Project Management Ethical Issues" StudyMode.com. 11 2010. 11 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Project-Management-Ethical-Issues-489561.html>.
"Project Management Ethical Issues." StudyMode.com. 11, 2010. Accessed 11, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Project-Management-Ethical-Issues-489561.html.