Select a dream
Use your dream
Create a plan
Enhance skills and abilities
Spend time wisely
Start! Get organized and Go
…it is one of those acro-whatevers,
Allen & Allen, Winnie-the-Pooh on Success, 1997 Project within Projects
* The breaking down of large activities into comprehensible or manageable units is a fundamental part of project management. * The method suggested is a selective outline of the project called the work break down structure (WBS). The WBS
* The WBS is also known as chunking or unbundling.
* It identifies manageable parts of the project.
* It facilitates financial control activities
* Its role is to create a linked, hierarchical series of activities which are independent units but at the same time still part of the whole. * It also supports parallel execution of activities.
The Project Life Cycle
LEVEL OF ACTIVITY
Stages in the Project Life Cycle
Stage 1: Planning
* Conceptualization. Generation of explicit statement of needs. * Analysis. Identification of what has to be provided to meet those needs. * Proposal. Showing how those needs will be met through project activities. * Justification. Preparation and evaluation of financial costs and benefits from the project. * Agreement. Go-ahead by project sponsor.
Stage 2: Doing
* Start-up. Gathering of resources, assembly of project team. * Execution. Carrying out of defined activities.
* Completion. Completion of activity series.
* Handover. Passing on of project output to client or user. Stage 3: Checking
* Review. Identification of outcomes for all stakeholders. Stage 4: Acting
* Feedback. Putting in place improvement to procedures, filling of gaps in knowledge, documentation of...