It acts as a guideline for future projects as well as an important material in the organization’s knowledge management system.
The project charter is a short document that would consist of new offering request or a request for proposal. This document is a part of the project management process which is required by Initiative for Policy Dialogue (IPD) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
The Role of Project Charter:
* It documents the reasons for undertaking the project.
* Outlines the objectives and the constraints faced by the project.
* Provides solutions to the problem in hand.
* Identifies the main stakeholders of the project.
Benefits of Project Charter:
* It improves and paves way for good customer relationships.
* Project Charter also works as a tool that improves project management processes.
* Regional and headquarter communications can also be improved to a greater extent.
* By having a project charter, project sponsorship can also be gained.
* Project Charter recognizes senior management roles.
* Allows progression which is aimed at attaining industry best practices.
Elements in Project Charter:
Since project charter is a project planning tool which is aimed at resolving an issue or an opportunity, the below elements are essential for a good charter project.
For an effective charter project, it needs to address these key elements.
* Identity of the project.
* Time: the start date and the deadline for the project.
* People involved in the project.
* Outlined objectives and set targets.
* The reason for a project charter to be carried out often referred to as 'business case'.
* Detailed description of a problem or an opportunity.
* The return... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 05). Project Charter. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 05, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Project-Charter-702445.html
"Project Charter" StudyMode.com. 05 2011. 05 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Project-Charter-702445.html>.
"Project Charter." StudyMode.com. 05, 2011. Accessed 05, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Project-Charter-702445.html.