B. PRODUCT (OUTPUT ) AND CUSTOMERS
C. LOCATION MANAGEMENT
1. PROXIMITY TO SUPPLIERS AND CUSTOMERS
2. Advantage and disadvantages of present location
D. CAPACITY PLANNING
Design and Effective Capacity
Technique to Forecast Demand
PRODUCTION AND FACILITIES LAYOUT
Congestion, space utilization
E. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Standard time to do work
Cycle Time , Operational Idle time and Allowance Factors
General Work Environment of the workplace
How do they motivate workers?
F. MATERIALS AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Selection of Suppliers
System that keeps track of inventory
Costs and Problems to maintain Inventories
G. QUALITY MANAGEMENT
How do the firm/organization define quality of their output?
How do customers define quality of their output?
What operational processes do the firm do to detect errors or substandard process or output?
H. Based on the above findings, what is the firm’s competitive advantage, strength and weaknesses using learned concepts in Operations and Production Management principles/theories?
Final Requirement: Firm Analysis
Choose a firm/organization you intend to make a study on . Make a comprehensive report describing the above Operations Research and Production Management Features ( if you are working, you can study your own organization)
1. Individual work
2. Date of Submission : 08 September
3. Use the guide questions and format above to complete your work.
4. Attaching illustrations and photos is highly encouraged
5. Font size 11 , Arial, Single Space, Short Bond Paper
6. Front Page : Cover Page
Second Page : Acknowledgement
Third Page : Table of Contents
7. Do not delete the table: Before printing the final copy: BORDERS and SHADING : NONE ( So that all of you will have the same... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 08). Production Management. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Production-Management-759090.html
"Production Management" StudyMode.com. 08 2011. 08 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Production-Management-759090.html>.
"Production Management." StudyMode.com. 08, 2011. Accessed 08, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Production-Management-759090.html.