The PepsiCo challenge is to keep up with archrival The Coca-Cola Company never ends for the world's soft-drink maker. PepsiCo's soft drinks (including Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Slice) make up about one-quarter of its sales. (Bottling operations are run independently). Pepsi Co also owns Frito-Lay, the world's number 1 maker of snacks such as corn chips (Doritos, Fritos) and potato chips (Lay's, Ruffles, WOW!). PepsiCo sells its Gatorade sports drink and Tropicana orange juice brands through other divisions. The company also sells Aquafina bottled water, Dole juices (licensed), Lipton ready-to-drink tea, and Rold Gold pretzels. Pepsi's mission is to be the world's premier consumer products company focused on convenient foods and beverages. They seek to produce healthy financial rewards to investors as we provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to our employees, our business partners and the communities in which we operate. And in everything we do, we strive for honesty, fairness and integrity.
What does product and service design do to help Pepsi meet its consumer needs?
1. What kind of things does Pepsi do in regards to research and development?
2. What are the existing products and services?
3. What are new products and services?
4. What are their legal, Ethical, and Environmental Issues?
5. Examine Pepsi's life cycle.
6. Does Pepsi supply a standardized product?
7. Does Pepsi design for mass customization?
8. What are Pepsi's production requirements?
9. What kind of things does Pepsi do regarding their social responsibility?
10. What kind of factors does Pepsi emphasizes on service design?
Our team will be using the Internet to obtain various information on the company, such as: the income statement, sales revenues, history, finance, products/operations, and industry. We will also be using periodicals and our text book to compile information about product and service... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2006, 11). Product and Service Design Pepsi. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 11, 2006, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Product-And-Service-Design-Pepsi-100711.html
"Product and Service Design Pepsi" StudyMode.com. 11 2006. 2006. 11 2006 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Product-And-Service-Design-Pepsi-100711.html>.
- MLA 7
"Product and Service Design Pepsi." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 11 2006. Web. 11 2006. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Product-And-Service-Design-Pepsi-100711.html>.
"Product and Service Design Pepsi." StudyMode.com. 11, 2006. Accessed 11, 2006. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Product-And-Service-Design-Pepsi-100711.html.