Procrastination Part 2:
* Benefits of overcoming procrastination
* Peace of mind
* Feeling and strength and purpose
* Healthy feeling of being in charge
* 4 reasons of procrastination
* Task is too hard
* Tend to avoid difficult things
* Time consuming
* No time available
* Lack of knowledge/skill
* Don’t want to make mistakes
* Will wait until they have learned how, then will start task * Fears
* Everyone knows you screwed up
* 4 complex reasons
* Unrealistic high expectations
* Must go right completely
* Long on criticism, short on praise
* High dissatisfaction and frustration
* Should, must, out to , have to
* Resolve by reassurance and praise what you have done * Anger and hostility
* Angry with professor so you put off the work
* Resolve by seeing how actions will look in long run * Low frustration tolerance
* Situation un-fair
* Whining, complaining
* Put off till you feel better about doing the work * Resolve by getting help, and learn to postpone desires * Self-downing
* Minimize ability to succeed
* Hard to accept praise
* Seek to be less successful
* Resolve by practicing accepting compliments, find out why you feel uncomfortable with success
1. What are the 4 complex reasons for procrastination?
2. How can you resolve self-downing?
3. Unrealistic high expectation is an example of what reason to procrastinate? Questions:
4. What are the 4 complex reasons for procrastination?
5. How can you resolve self-downing?
6. Unrealistic high expectation is an example of what reason to procrastinate? Summary:
When you overcome procrastination you have peace of mind, feeling of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document