Directions: Solve the following problems. Make sure you use all of the problem solving guidelines AND remember units!!
1. What is the equation for the velocity of a falling object?
2. What is the equation for finding distance of a falling object?
3. What are the unit for velocity? _____________________________________
4. An apple drops from a tree and hits the ground in 1.5s. What is its velocity just before it hits the ground?
5. On a distant planet, a free falling object has an acceleration of 20m/s2. What velocity will a body dropped from rest on this planet acquire in 1.5s?
6. A skydiver jumps from a helicopter hovering at high altitude. If there were no air resistance, how fast would she be falling 12s after jumping?
7. An apple drops from a tree and hits the ground in 1.4s. How FAR does it fall?
8. On a distant planet a freely falling object has an acceleration of 23.8m/s2. What vertical distance will an object dropped from rest on this planet cover in 1.8s?
9. What vertical distance will a body dropped from rest fall in 12s of free fall?
10. What is the instantaneous velocity of a freely falling object after 10s after it is released from rest?
11. What is its average velocity of a freely falling object during a 10s interval?
12. How far will an object fall in 10s?
13. Kenny Klutz drops his physics book off his aunt’s high-rise balcony. It hits the ground below 1.5 seconds later. (a) With what velocity does it hit the ground? And (b) How high is the balcony?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document