Name: __________________________Hour: _____Score: __________
Directions: Solve the following problems. Make sure you use all of the problem solving guidelines AND remember units!!
1. What is the equation for the velocity of a falling object?
2. What is the equation for finding distance of a falling object?
3. What are the unit for velocity? _____________________________________
4. An apple drops from a tree and hits the ground in 1.5s. What is its velocity just before it hits the ground?
5. On a distant planet, a free falling object has an acceleration of 20m/s2. What velocity will a body dropped from rest on this planet acquire in 1.5s?
6. A skydiver jumps from a helicopter hovering at high altitude. If there were no air resistance, how fast would she be falling 12s after jumping?
7. An apple drops from a tree and hits the ground in 1.4s. How FAR does it fall?
8. On a distant planet a freely falling object has an acceleration of 23.8m/s2. What vertical distance will an object dropped from rest on this planet cover in 1.8s?
9. What vertical distance will a body dropped from rest fall in 12s of free fall?
10. What is the instantaneous velocity of a freely falling object after 10s after it is released from rest?
11. What is its average velocity of a freely falling object during a 10s interval?
12. How far will an object fall in 10s?
13. Kenny Klutz drops his physics book off his aunt’s high-rise balcony. It hits the ground below 1.5 seconds later. (a) With what velocity does it hit the ground? And (b) How high is the balcony?