Prison Management System
Mrs.Swapna T.Krishna Chary 1302-10-862-011 MCA III D,AMRA 1. Introduction
This project is aimed at developing a prison management system that is a collection of registers and reports for the effective management of prisons. This system should contain the modules like nominal roll, case register, parole register, Interview requests, In-out register and an automated release diary generator. Case register:
All the details of the cases against the prisoner should be captured. This must include the sentence details,remand/conviction details, etc.
Automated release diary generator:
This report should be display the list of prisoners to be released on a day, the next day, the next week, the next month, or any given duration of time. The system should consider the reduction of sentence length due to various considerations.
This module should track all prisoners on parole and provide necessary reports on this data.5.
Interview requests and In-out register:
All interview requests by the relatives of the prisoners need to be recorded and tracked.An in-out register will track all prisoners and others who movein and out for various reasons. This should include provisionsfor recording the prisoners sent to courts for hearing
1. The system should have a login.
2. System should support for Interview requests and In-out register modules for visitors.
3. System should support for Data Entry module for Nominal Roll,Case register for each prisoner entering in the prison.
4. Automated release diary generator.
5. Jailer should be able to generate various reports Prisoner wise,case-wise.
6. Jailer should be able to generate Visitor reports Prisoner wise and Visitor wise.
Framework : struts
Oracle : Database
My Eclipse : Development Tool
Apache Tomcat : Web Server
Rational Rose : Design Tool
* Problem Definition
* CT Arrington (ant). Enterprise Java with UML. OMG Press(Specification).
SRS will include two sections.
Overall description: - It includes major components of the system, inter connection and external interfaces.
Specific requirements:-It describes the functions of actor, their role in the system and constraints.
2.0 Overall Description
2.1. Product Perspective:
* In this system the all the Data is Stored in a Single Server. * The interaction with the data is done through browser installed on the Client side.
2.2) Product Function Study of the System:
In the flexibility of uses the interface has been developed a graphics concepts in mind, associated through a browser Interface. The GUI’s at the top level has been categorized as follows A. Anonymous
C. Web Administrator
2.3) User Characteristics
Every user should be comfortable of working with computer and net browsing. He must have basic knowledge of English too.
* GUI is only in English.
* Login and password is used for identification of patient and there is no facility for quest. * Limited to HTTP
2.5) Assumptions and Dependencies
* Administrator is creating in the system already.
* Roles and tasks are predefined.
3.1 External interface requirements:
3.1.1 userinterfaces :
3.1.2) Software Interface
Client on Internet : Web Browser, Operating System (any)
Client on Intranet : Client Software, Web Browser, Operating System (any).
Web Server : Apache Tomcat
Database Server : Oracle
Development End : My Eclipse 6.0
3.1.3) Hardware Interface