Prioritizing Climate Change Adaptation Needs for Food Security in 2030
David B. Lobell et al.
Science 319, 607 (2008);
If you wish to distribute this article to others, you can order high-quality copies for your colleagues, clients, or customers by clicking here.
Permission to republish or repurpose articles or portions of articles can be obtained by following the guidelines here.
The following resources related to this article are available online at www.sciencemag.org (this information is current as of November 11, 2012 ): Updated information and services, including high-resolution figures, can be found in the online version of this article at:
Supporting Online Material can be found at:
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/suppl/2008/01/31/319.5863.607.DC1.html A list of selected additional articles on the Science Web sites related to this article can be found at:
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/319/5863/607.full.html#related This article has been cited by 86 article(s) on the ISI Web of Science This article has been cited by 52 articles hosted by HighWire Press; see: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/319/5863/607.full.html#related-urls This article appears in the following subject collections:
Science and Policy
Science (print ISSN 0036-8075; online ISSN 1095-9203) is published weekly, except the last week in December, by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1200 New York Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20005. Copyright 2008 by the American Association for the Advancement of Science; all rights reserved. The title Science is a registered trademark of AAAS.
Downloaded from www.sciencemag.org on November 11, 2012
This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only.
References and Notes
1. J. L. Charlou, J. P. Donval, Y. Fouquet, B. P. Jean, N. Holm, Chem. Geol. 191, 345 (2002).
2. T. A. Abrajano et al., Chem. Geol. 71, 211 (1988).
3. R. B. Anderson, The Fischer-Tropsch Synthesis
(Academic Press, Orlando, FL, 1984).
4. D. I. Foustoukos, W. E. Seyfried Jr., Science 304, 1002
5. T. M. McCollom, J. S. Seewald, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett.
243, 74 (2006).
6. D. S. Kelley et al., Nature 412, 145 (2001).
7. D. S. Kelley et al., Science 307, 1428 (2005).
8. G. L. Früh-Green et al., Science 301, 495 (2003).
9. J. A. Karson et al., Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst. 7,
10. D. E. Allen, J. Seyfried, W. E. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 68, 1347 (2004).
11. R. P. Lowell, P. A. Rona, Geophys. Res. Lett. 29,
12. G. Proskurowski, M. D. Lilley, D. S. Kelley, E. J. Olson, Chem. Geol. 229, 331 (2006).
13. M. D. Lilley, D. A. Butterfield, J. E. Lupton, E. J. Olson, Nature 422, 878 (2003).
14. W. E. Seyfried Jr., D. I. Foustoukos, Q. Fu, Geochim.
Cosmochim. Acta 71, 3872 (2007).
15. B. Martin, W. S. Fyfe, Chem. Geol. 6, 185 (1970).
16. M. D. Lilley et al., Nature 364, 45 (1993).
17. J. A. Welhan, J. E. Lupton, AAPG Bull. 71, 215 (1987).
18. M. J. Whiticar, Chem. Geol. 161, 291 (1999).
19. B. Sherwood Lollar et al., Chem. Geol. 226, 328
20. J. M. Hunt, Petroleum Geochemistry and Geology
(Freeman, New York, 1996).
21. Y. A. Taran, G. A. Kliger, V. S. Sevastianov, Geochim.
Cosmochim. Acta 71, 4474 (2007).
22. B. Sherwood Lollar, T. D. Westgate, J. A. Ward,
G. F. Slater, C. G. Lacrampe, Nature 416, 522 (2002).
23. A. Schimmelmann, A. L. Sessions, M. Mastalerz, Annu.
Rev. Earth Planet. Sci. 34, 501 (2006).
24. W. F. Giggenbach, Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta 61, 3763
25. J. Horita, M. E. Berndt, Science 285, 1055 (1999).
26. P. A. Rona, L. Widenfalk, K. Bostroem, J. Geophys. Res.
92, 1417 (1987).
27. G. L. Früh-Green, J. A. D. Connolly, A. Plas, D. S. Kelley, B. Grobety, in The Subseafloor Biosphere at Mid-Ocean
Ridges, W. S. D. Wilcock, E. F. Delong, D. S. Kelley,
J. A. Baross, C. S....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document