You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 3 pages and is made up of 3 Sections.
Section 1 – Understand why change happens in a business environment
1. Explain why change happens in a business environment. You should include at least three reasons in your answer.
Change occurs frequently and rapidly in the workplace. Change in business has become the norm and businesses need to evolve to keep up with the demands of the modern world. Most of the people regard change as intimidating. It is often natural. It has great significance in business thus change does bring good for the business. So why does change happens? There are two main reasons for the changes in a business environment: 1.Reactive change- pressure to change (PEST) - POLITICAL – it is when government changes policies, regulation, etc which business needs to adapt to stay within the new laws; international changes or conflicts force business to change; legislations whether they domestic or international or future; - ECONOMIC- it is when domestic or international competitor’s behavior, trends or tax and interest rates change which forces the changes in the business; - SOCIAL- it often happens when customers demands, buying preferences change, as well as when events, media views or advertising makes business apply change to keep up; - TECHNOLOGICAL- the biggest reason for this type of change is when new technologies are being introduced making very hard for any business to continue without implementing them: 2. Proactive change- change from within the business:
- improving by introducing new products
- cutting waste
- longer opening hours
- from 12h to 24h customers service
As well as :
- Upgrading office equipment or computer software
- Improving staff rooms;
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of supporting change in a business environment
1. Identify the main reasons for reviewing working methods, products and / or services in a business environment.
Once your business is established and running well, you may be inclined to let things continue to run as they are. However, it's actually time to plan again. After the crucial early stages, you should regularly review your progress, identify how you can make the most of the market position you've established and decide where to take your business next. You will need to revisit and update your business plan with your new strategy in mind and make sure you introduce the developments you've noted. Reviewing your progress will be particularly useful if you feel: • uncertain about how well the business is performing
• unsure if you're getting the most out of the business or making the most of market opportunities • your business plan may be out of date, e.g. you haven't updated it since you started trading • your business is moving in a direction different to the one you had planned • the business may be becoming unwieldy or unresponsive to market demands It is also useful if you have decided that your company is ready to move on to another level.
2. When a business is going through change:
a) Describe the different types of support that people may need.
Everyone is different that is way some people may find change as something stimulating and exciting making them perform better others may find it very hard and difficult to adapt....