You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Name: Adriana Marina Ivan – Business and Administration-Unit One
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
The four main points that would be included in a contract of employment are:
• Name of employer and employee
• Job Title
• Duties and responsibilities
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Key points of legislation that affects the employer:
1. Data Protection
2. Health and Safety
3. Pay and Pension
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Key points of legislation that affects the employee:
1. Duties and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal sources of information:
1. Line Managers
2. Staff association representatives
3. Trade Union representatives
4. Informed colleagues
5. Personnel specialists
External sources of information:
3. Citizens Advise Bureau
4. Business Link
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
The best examples of representative bodies are Trade Unions. These are large organisations that represent the interests of their members. The union representatives can offer assistance through work based representatives As they have a regional and national expertise, they can offer support to the employees not only by offering advice, guidance, information, but they will represent the employees fairly and effectively in matters regarding employment and condition of employment, participate in negotiation and grievance procedures, in conflict resolution in areas like: Health and Safety, Pensions, Collective bargaining, Union Learning, Collective redundancy, Transfer of undertaking, Workforce Agreement. Unlike the Non Trade Unions which because of their restricted role cannot help employees in issues regarding Union Learning and Collective bargaining.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
It is very important to understand that everyone is different and unique. And this can be very well seen when working in an organisation/company.
Let’s take for example a British Training Company established in Romania where staff is very different in terms of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marriage status.
The employer responsibilities for equality and diversity in such...