The basic principles of medical care for children in Ukraine. 1. Available and free medical care for children.
2. Unified principles of children's services in urban and rural areas. 3. The development of specialization to provide medical care for children. 4. The main method of preventive services for children is medical examination. 5. Stages and continuity of medical care.
6. The introduction of new methods of diagnostics and treatment.
The main types of health care facilities carrying out universal outpatient and inpatient medical care for children up to 14 years. 1. Pediatric polyclinics and pediatric departments in general hospitals. 2. Clinics of Research Institutes.
3. Kindergartens, schools, sanatoriums.
United Pediatric Hospital is the main health facility, rendering medical care for children: Structure: 1) polyclinic, 2) hospital, 3) auxiliary diagnostic departments 4) administrative and economic section, 5) information-analytical room The structure of pediatric polyclinic in the area of its activities. 1. Registry;
2. Pre-medical room;
3. Filter with boxes and isolator and two entrances;
4. Room (department) to bring up the healthy child;
5. Auxiliary and diagnostic rooms;
6. Medical rooms (departments);
7. Physiotherapy department.
8. Rooms of medical exercises, massage, and mechanotherapy.
Pediatric polyclinic in the area of its activity provides: 1. Organization of preventive measures;
2. Treatment and consultations in the polyclinic and at home, in preschool institutions and schools;
3. Antiepidemic measures;
4. The social and legal assistance to children.
Children population of the pediatric district is not more than 800 children (one post of the district pediatrician). For every eight pediatric districts is one head department and a half rate of nurses.
Medical examination as the main method of the child population service Medical examination of the healthy children is realized under the age principle. All children are to be examined: 1) from birth to age 3,
2) at the age of 6-7 before starting school,
3) high school students before graduation.
Since 3 to 7 years, organized children are serviced by the physicians of the children's medical institutions, others one are examined by a pediatrician once a year with a final dispensary examination at the age of 7 before going to school. Medical examination is also carried out among high school students: pediatricians select children with chronic diseases, often and long-term sick with rheumatism, anemia and other diseases. In some diseases (pneumonia, Botkin's disease, and gastrointestinal disease) terms of dispensarization are limited: after these dates children have complex examination and removed from the dispensary observation. Outpatient medical care
Home-based care for sick children district pediatrician realizes for 3 hours a day. Specialists have reception in the polyclinic, including medical examination; 1 time a week they service schools and kindergartens children. Children under age 15 are sent to the hospital by pediatricians. Inpatient section of Children's Hospital
Structure: 1) Reception department
2) Medical departments:
- somatic (for children to age 1; from 1to 3; from 3 to 5) - specialized (surgery, neurology etc.) 3) Other departments:
- Laboratory – diagnostic
- Medical and sub-office
- Department of autopsy
- Information-analytical department.
Day hospital for children
Structure: 1) physician`s room, 2) wards for sick children, 3) the procedure room, 4) the room of...