State Credibility: We are credible to talk about this topic because we have been researching this topic for the past few weeks.
Introduce Topic & Main Points: Today our topic is President Obama’s Health Reform Speech. In our speech we will introduce who President Obama is, what is a health reform and three basic goals President Obama wants to achieve in the new health reform. In addition, we will explain why certain people are against the New Health Reform.
Transition to Body of Speech: How many of you know who President Obama is? I believe all of you. Jorge will briefly introduce Barack Obama and his achievements.
I. Who is Barack Obama?
A. Barack Obama is our 44th President of the United States of America.
1. Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. His father, Barack Sr. was from Kenya, while his mother was from Kansas when they met at the University of Hawaii.
1. They both devorce when Obama was 2 years old.
2. Obama went on to “earn an undergraduate degree from Columbia University in 1983 and a law degree from Harvard in 1991” (bio, 2010)
3. He married Michelle Robinson in 1992, and had two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
B. Obama had accomplished greater aspects before becoming president.
4. Obama joined the Chicago law firm that “Specialized in civil-rights law”. (bio, 2010).
5. He also became a teacher in the University of Chicago for 12 years, teaching constitutional law.
6. Obama was elected for U.S. Senate in 2004.
C. In 2008, Obama was elected a President of United States.
7. Obama won the Democratic Primary field that included New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, the former First Lady ( bio, 2010).... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 12). President's Take on Health Insurance. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/President-s-Take-On-Health-Insurance-525358.html
"President's Take on Health Insurance" StudyMode.com. 12 2010. 12 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/President-s-Take-On-Health-Insurance-525358.html>.
"President's Take on Health Insurance." StudyMode.com. 12, 2010. Accessed 12, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/President-s-Take-On-Health-Insurance-525358.html.