Presentation, Analysis and Interpretation of Data

Only available on StudyMode
  • Download(s) : 3804
  • Published : November 1, 2011
Open Document
Text Preview
CHAPTER 4
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS, AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA

This chapter shows the result of the survey conducted in the study of effectiveness of the Retention Policy as perceived by selected second year students of University of the East-Manila who are taking up Bachelor of Science in Accountancy for the school year 2011-2012. The tables and graphs presented are in accordance with the order being stated in the Statement of the Problem. The result of this study is given below. 1.Respondent’s Profile

Table 1.1 Frequency of ages of respondents
AgeFrequencyPercentage
1511%
1699%
174343%
183333%
1977%
2066%
2111%
Total100100%

Figure 1.1

Table 1.1 shows the frequency of ages of our respondents. It shows that majority of them are 17 and 18 years old that represents 43% and 33% respectively. Followed by respondents who are 16, 19, and 20 years old representing 9%, 7%, and 6% respectively. 1% of the respondents is 21 years old and the same percentage with an age of fifteen. This shows that a quater of the total number of respondents are 17 and 18 years old Table 1.2 Frequency of gender of respondents

GenderFrequencyPercentage
Male3535%
Female6565%
Total100100%

Figure 1.2

Table 1.2 shows that 65% or our respondents are female and 35% of them are male, we have a total of one hundred respondents and the table clearly shows that majority of them are female with sixty-five respondents and the remaining thirty-five are male.

Table 1.3 Frequency of Respondents General Weighted Average General Weighted AverageFrequencyPercentage
1.00–1.2577%
1.26-1.501414%
1.51-1.753939%
1.76-2.002222%
2.01-2.2566%
2.26-2.501212%
Total100100%

Figure 1.3

In Table 1.3, we present you the summary of the General Weighted Average (GWA) of our respondents during their First Year - Second Semester period. In Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, a student must have a GWA of not lower than 2.5 for him/her to continue the course. The results shows that 39% were able to get a GWA ranging from 1.51 to 1.75 with an equivalent of 39 respondents. Followed by those who got a GWA ranging from 1.76 to 2.00 comprising 22% with a total number of 22 respondents. 14% of them have a GWA ranging from 1.26 to 1.50, 12% with a GWA ranging from 2.26 to 2.50, only 7% were able to get a high GWA ranging from 1.00 to 1.25, and lastly 6% of our respondents got a GWA ranging from 2.01 to 2.25.

2.Nature of the University's Retention Policy and BS Accountancy students

Table 2 – Respondents Awareness on Retention Policy

Awareness on Retention PolicyFrequencyPercentage
Yes9797%
No33%
Total100100%

Figure 2

Table 2 shows that majority or 97% of our respondents are aware of the Retention Policy set by the College of Business Administration to Bachelor in Science in Accountancy students. On the other hand, only 3% answers that they are not aware about the retention policy.

Table 3 – Respondents Influence in Choosing their Course

FrequencyPercentage
Parents6060%
Friends2424%
Relatives2323%
Teachers1111%
Others2121%

Figure 3

Table 3 shows who influenced our respondents in choosing Bachelor of Science in Accountancy as their course. Parents have the biggest influence as shown in the table with 60% students attesting. Followed by their friends and relatives, says 24% and 23% or our respondents respectively. It shows that only 11% have said that they were influenced by their teachers. The remaining 21% said that it's their personal choice, from commercials, their classmates, and that the course is covered by their educational benefits.

3.Benefits of the Retention Policy to the Students

Table 4 – Time Spent in Studying

No. of hoursFrequencyPercentage
1to 22020%
2 to 32525%
3 to 41313%
4 to 51313%
5 and more2929%
Total100100%

Figure 4

On Table 4, we show you how many hours our respondents allocates on studying. 29%...
tracking img