Everyday Science MCQS Material
1. When the resultant of all the forces acting on a body is zero the body is said to be in a state of Equilibrium.
2. Gamma Rays are similar to X-Rays.
3. The Separation of ordinary light into its constituent colours is known as Dispersion. 4. If a body weighs 600 kg on the surface of the earth then the weight of the same body on the surface of moon will be 1/6th i.e. 100kg.
5. When a bullet penetrates into a target, the kinetic energy of a bullet is converted into Mechanical Energy.
6. The process of digestion begins in Mouth.
7. Sometimes when white blood corpuscles greatly increase in number, they cause a disease called Leukaemia.
8. The principle of wireless telegraphy was discovered by Signor Marconi. 9. The planet nearest to sun is Mercury.
10. Pressure cooker works on the principle that the boiling point of a liquid increases with the increase of pressure.
11. Copper is the best conductor of electricity.12. Blood cells are manufactured by bone marrow of the body. 13. The smallest organism which causes disease is virus and even smaller is called viroids. 14. Neutron, electron and Proton have neutral, negative and positive charges respectively. 15. Of all the flying machines that man has made only Rockets are suitable for space flight. 16. Transistors do not need a warm up period because they have no Filaments. 17. If an object gives off its own light, it is said to be Luminous. 18. An electric heater would be most likely to produce I.R Radiations. 19. The Kelvin scale of temperature is called the absolute scale. 20. The type of radiation that is unaffected by magnetic field is called Gamma Rays. 21. If we know the mass of an object and the force applied on it, it is possible to calculate acceleration of the object.
22. Active transport in animals and plants required metabolic energy and Concentration Gradient to carry the substances across cell membrane electrical gradient. 23. Diseases that spread through air are called Air Borne diseases. 24. When iron is less in body, the quantity of Haemoglobin in cell decreases. 25. Arteries become hard due to deposition of Fats and Cholesterol in them. 26. The science of study of old age is called Gerontology.
27. The instrument used for measuring the velocity is called Anemometer. 28. The science which deals with the bird is called Ornithology. 29. The function of the thermostat in a refrigerator is to maintain temperature. 30. Blotting paper absorbs ink because the action of capillary. 31. Mirage is an example of Reflection of Light.
32. The age of a tree can be determined by counting Rings of stem. 33. In a normal resting man, the rate of heart beat is 72 per minute. 34. In Pakistan copper is found in Saindak.
35. American space shuttle Mercury Atlas-6 is the first winged space ship to orbit and return to airport landing.
36. Myopia is a defect of vision which does not permit to see clearly the distant objects. 37. The brightest planet is Venus.
38. Urea s not a phosphorous fertilizer.
39. Ibn Baitar was a renowned Muslim Botanist.
40. Cellulose is natural polymer.
41. Vitamin A & D are not water soluble.
42. Amoeba is a unicellular animal.
43. Solar eclipse occurs in full moon.
44. Leprosy is a disorder of the Nervous System.
45. Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) cause decomposition of ozone. 46. Quartz is chemically a Silicate or Silicon dioxide.
47. Chicken egg is composed of One Cell.
48. Visible light energy has the wave length range of 400-700 nm. 49. The particle with positive charge but having mass equal to that of electron is called Positron. 50. Gas in children‘s play-balloons going upward is hydrogen. 51. Standard pressure is 760 mm-Hg.
52. Iron corrodes due to the formation of Iron Oxide.
53. Starch is a polymer of Glucose.
54. Adrenalin is secreted by the Adrenal Gland.
55. Mars planet is nearest to the earth.
56. The process of conversion of a material from solid state directly to gaseous state is called...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document